The annual Top Arts exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria is a celebration of the creativity and talent of young artists across the state. Now in its twenty-seventh year, the exhibition showcases outstanding work created by students who have completed VCE Art and VCE Studio Arts.
In 2021 we look forward to presenting an exhibition which celebrates the resilience, creativity and innovation of students in what has been an extraordinary year.
How to apply
Applications can be made via this website from Sunday 6 September 2020.
Register and complete the online form by 11:59pm Monday 9 November 2020. You will need to provide information about yourself and your work of art and upload up to five photographs of it.
Exemplary resolved artworks and folio/support material are selected from a range of media, themes and approaches based on their demonstration of the following criteria:
- strong conceptual development
- imaginative and individual qualities
- technical excellence
- an awareness of aesthetic considerations
- an awareness of past and contemporary art practices
Works must also fulfil the following technical requirements:
- be appropriate for public exhibition
- fit exhibition constraints including space and safe weight restrictions
- be suitable for display purposes in regard to fragility and power needs and stable enough to be shown for the duration of the exhibition, for example, works on paper must be suitable for mounting, framing or pinning.
- have copyright clearance for all non-original material used in screen-based or other works
First thing you’ll need to do is register.
When you’ve filled out the form you’ll get a confirmation email. Click the link in the email to set your password. Then you can log in for the first time.
Forgot your password?
Is your password a distant memory? No problem, click on “Forgot password?” under the login form to receive an email with a special link for changing your password.
You might be having problems with caching somewhere along the way. Clear your cache and cookies, shift-reload this page, and try to log in again!
Aargh! I’m still stuck!
Email us at [email protected] and tell us what you are trying to do, and what is going wrong, as clearly as you can.